Have The Means To Live Comfortably
Everyone wants to be able to retire comfortably. You have spent many years working hard to earn money and wisely planning how best to save it so that you have the freedom and ability to enjoy your retirement. And now you’ve done it! But your financial outlook is shifting once again, and we are still here to help you.
No longer are you looking for long-term investments for your finances. You want to make your money last, and it is never too late to make a plan. Our strategic financial planning can help you manage your assets so that you can get the most out of them.
Here are some things to consider as you enter this exciting phase:
1. Determine your retirement needs. Are you on track to meet them? Adjust timelines as needed.
2. Inventory your assets and liabilities.
3. Ensure you have a substantial emergency fund.
4. Eliminate as much debt as possible. Prioritize high-interest rate, unsecured consumer debt.
5. Make sure your health care coverage is set.
- Will you work until 65 for Medicare or self-insure?
- Will you need supplemental or prescription coverage?
6. Put an estate plan together.
- Review wills, trusts, power of attorneys, healthcare proxies, beneficiaries, etc.
- Have open conversation with your family about your estate and your care.
7. Review your investments, retirement and otherwise, and ensure they are positioned to help you transition from contributing to distributing.
8. Review and determine your social security benefits, when you will withdrawal and how it may affect your spouse’s benefit.
You can also benefit from estate planning so that you have control over where your assets go once you're no longer here. Do you want to leave behind an inheritance for family members or donate some to a worthy cause? We can help you do that.
Many of the decisions you are facing can feel challenging, but you are not alone. We diligently serve our members so that they have all the information and options they need to make the decisions that benefit them.